We are excited to announce a new set of services to help AWS Technology partners implement and accelerate their GTM via the AWS Marketplace.
OUR OWN AMP EXPERIENCES ARE AT THE ROOT OF STARTING CMD
As with many entrepreneurial drivers, our own experiences, from initial listing to becoming a reseller and supplier on the Marketplace contributed to starting CMD. Figuring out the right GTM, what promotional strategies work best, how to deliver – especially rigorous AMI based – products at a consistent cadence and easily deployable by customers … it wasn’t easy. Add to that how to deliver great SaaS products including onboarding at scale, as well as how to best engage with the various groups within AWS… as with many ISVs, it took us a while to figure that all out. Which made us realize that we likely weren’t the only ISV out there.
Then there is the reality that
- Architecting a GTM suitable for AWS Marketplace differs substantially from a ‘traditional’ GTM as they have different levers,
- There are few well-known partner success stories to help justify the resourcing and focus to ensure a successful marketplace GTM.
- As a result, organizations underinvest; it’s a checkbox to overcome objections (from AWS sellers) and a proof point of the partnership
- For many operations and BD teams, this literally adds stress to the system as they feel
- Not set up for success to take advantage of customer or partner-driven transactions – leading to unnatural acts to close deals
- Stuck with limited reporting, burdening sales comp, inability to efficiently close the books, let alone being helpful with customer success/retention
- Inability to easily report co-sell stats to show wins to get AWS field seller attention
- An absence of lead acquisition, especially crucial for startups.
The lesson we learned was this – if you are an AWS partner, or aspire to be one because most of your team uses AWS, you need to take this seriously, because plenty of other ISVs will. Your team needs to be committed to make this a preferred channel – it is imperative to the partnership.
- This takes exec sponsorship and cross-functional alignment, which means it requires ways to track progress and measure success
- This requires education for both ISVs and customers
Consequently, we gained so many insights along the way which we want to share and provide unique value to accelerate GTMs for ISVs either embarking on their AWS Marketplace journey, or those that already listed.
SO WHY LAUNCH CMD NOW
There is a combination of drivers that makes us believe our timing is right.
- Customers are starting to consolidate procurement, and AWS field is more coordinated in delivering partner solutions via this channelJust look at the customers you could be selling to:
- Startups and other AWS Technology partners recognize this is important for the partnership, increasing the number of listings (even when many ISVs continue to struggle how to become successful in this channel)
- We know that both categories can benefit from the lessons learned that several hugely successful ISVs on the AWS Marketplace gained, and this is where Coalesce can add so much value to ISVs seeking to accelerate their path to success.
- Lastly, it’s the AMP that is the largest marketplace with the most customers, most advanced features, and 260K active customers. And – with AMIs being the predominant product delivery method to these customers, there are several challenges that tend to come up which we can help with
WHAT MAKES COALESCE WELL POSITIONED
To sum it up, we have been 100% all-in on AWS, it’s technologies, its Marketplace as well as AWS GovCloud, and with that depth came ample experience and relations with the AWS organization which we put to work for you.
- We can give ISVs like you both best practices as well as the right tools, so you don’t have to travel the same arduous road as we had to. Instead, you can focus on the partnership and growing your business, and not have to spend your time trying to convince people why you need more investment while you struggle to make it work.
- Second, while we are experienced SaaS solution providers, we know AMIs intimately due to our longstanding Adobe partnership which involves reselling AMIs, to hardened AMI development as well AMI Cloud migrations to AWS. Even more important, we developed a comprehensive reporting Portal that provides superior AWS Marketplace reports out-of-the-box without integration lock-in.
- Lastly, we think we have the best value-pricing versus any of our competitors.
WHAT WE CAN DO
Coalesce is here to help with:
- Providing better visibility and business metrics to help alliance, sales, marketing, and product stakeholders understand the performance of their marketplace offers using prebuilt reports that ingest and enrich AWS Marketplace data,
- Packaging your software in an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) to get your software listed, and customizing your AMI to include billing integration with the AWS Metering Service,
- Hardening your AMIs to meet regulatory requirements, and ensure your offering is protected against OS vulnerabilities,
- Accelerating your SaaS listing by building out the fulfillment pages and integrating with the AWS Metering Service to enable customer onboarding without taking resources away from your product and technical operations teams, and
- Guiding your teams on best practices for listing offerings, engaging with AWS Field Sellers, and maximizing your investments in selling your software and services via this channel.
The AWS Marketplace is becoming increasingly important for ISVs, both to serve their customers and engage with AWS Field Sellers. The Coalesce team has over five years’ experience selling products and services via the AWS Marketplace. Please visit our solution landing page
to learn more about these services, or review our services
in the AWS Marketplace.